- Dev D
- 3 Idiots
- Wake up! Sid
- Luck by Chance
- New York
- Love Aaj Kal
- Delhi 6
- Kambakkht Ishq
- London Dreams
- Rasiya - Kurbaan
- Aare, Aare - New York
- Iktara - Wake Up! Sid
- Aaj Din Chaddeya - Love aaj Kal
- Mudi Mudi - Paa
- Pehli baar Mohabbat - Kaminey
- Rehna Tu - Delhi 6
- Tu Jaane na and Tera hone laga hu - Ajab Prem ki Ghazab Kahani
- Rabba - Main aurr Mrs Khanna
Well music is music. No dislikes as such.
My friends call me butti, as in a basket. A basket filled with choices which I refuse to acknowledge. I don't understand, what is the point in having choices when you have no place to fit it in. I stand by the words of Mr. Forrest Gump. Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you get. When you get one, you need to get tired of it, to pick another.
Only if the concerned place is empty, you can try to refill it. But some people refuse to see it. They think that I'm crazy or something, but when I'm not ready for something, it means I'm not. People think that I'm hurting myself here. There is not an ounce of truth to it. I'm so very happy as I am now. I'm a carefree soul and yes, I do get bored of things and routines very easily. The fact that I want to quit the techie field just after 2 years to pursue something totally different vouches for it. But people are not things. We cant replace them as and when we like. When someone is totally gone, then you can do anything you want. Else, all you can do is wait for it to go away. Finding and replacing is very very easy. Can be done anywhere anytime. But what about the after effects. The last thing I was is for the next guy in my life to be a rebound material for the first one.
Right now, I'm in a very good phase of life. Looking at finer things and am appreciating the smaller things in life. Life is beautiful the way it is and I have no complaints and no regrets.
I want to go back to the time,
- When, "getting high" meant "on a swing".
- When, "drinking" meant "apple juice".
- When, "dad" was the only "hero".
- When, "love" was "mom's hug".
- When, "dad's shoulder" was "the highest place on earth".
- When, "worst enemies" were "your siblings".
- When, the only thing that could "hurt" were "skinned knees".
- When, the only things that were "broken" were your "toys".
- And when, "goodbyes" meant only "till tomorrow".
Its now time to summarize what all happened in 2009. As the miserable year finally comes to an end, I cant help but thank it for some of the amazing learning's I've had this year. Lows have been plenty, but there has been a few highs as well. Lets see what all is significant.
- Mental agony, therapist visits, the feeling that I was a gone case during the first half of this year.
- Not knowing how to prioritise stuff, and putting others before me.
- Made several pathetic decisions, dint know how to handle things, did all wrong things to win someone back, and finally ended up as a complete loser.
- The death of my 19 year old cousin, was a major blow.
- Realised the true intentions of a few people, who only wanted to manipulate me to get their way. I've never been this hurt before.
- Did not heed to others opinions and stuck stubbornly to mine, which turned out to be so damn wrong.
- Gave away my original 'The Godfather' book, to someone and cant remember who it was.
- Reading and self time took a backseat, and work was all I wanted to do to keep my mind occupied.
- Hurt a lot of people, unintentionally.
- I still cant forget him.
- Doing really good at work, and I am at a secure place.
- Found great friends whom I can bank upon.
- Started my Blog, got an invitation from Bloggertown and won their first contest.
- Decided to let go of a few things, and so far have succeeded.
- Went to Mangalore with friends, and had a gala time.
- Saw '3 Idiots' first day, first show, which added to my learning's.
- Became religious, which I feel is actually responsible for these highs.
- Put on weight to fulfil my Mom's wish and am in a fit shape now.
- Finally, I'm at peace within myself and I have everything I want.
- He's still a part of my life.
- The more you run after something, the more it runs away from you. Just let it be, times change and so do people.
- Never trust anyone, but yourself.
- The past is only a guiding post, not a hitching post.
- Situations influence people. But the decision to take it positively or negatively is only yours.
- Everything happens for a reason, and everything happens for good.
- Everyone has their day in the sun. Life is a blank sheet, its up to you to fill it.
- Nothing is more precious than a strong will.
- Hope and faith in God, is like oxygen and water. I live by it now.
- If things are meant to be, it will be.
- The feeling of belonging to someone is natural. Nothing wrong or insane about it.
- Just mould yourself to adapt to situations. Life is not sugar coated always.
- Have an opinion. But respect the fact that others have it too.
- Always try to better yourself. That's the real competition.
- Its always better to let go, than to hold on to something that painful.
- Some bad things have to happen, for you to realise how great the good things are.
- Learn from your mistakes. Remember the action and forget the source. Nothing hurts more than reminiscing about your mistakes.
- Smile. Always. There is absolutely no need for others to know what you're going through. If they truly care, they'll sense it.
- Its perfectly okay to be selfish sometimes and think only about oneself. Sometimes.
- What works for others may not work for you. Similarly what works for you may not work for others. Just stick on to what works for you.
- Ignorance is bliss. Its unfortunate that I'm not ignorant. If I were, I would never have had any problems.
- Nothing lasts forever. Everything that has a beginning, has an end.
- Time doesn't heal anything. You're your own doctor.
- Somethings always exist. As long as there is someone around to remember it. Don't let it exist.
- Its either eternal hell or eternal heaven. There is no place in between.
- Love, happens only once.
Finally, watched the much hyped 'Avatar' today. I wanted to see what the whole hype about 3D was. It was an amazing experience. To start of with we were sitting in the second row from front, with these huge glasses, that made us feel that we were actually in Pandora. The first movie I have even seen in 3D and surely the most expensive one. Its a good movie, with amazing graphics. But the storyline is really weak and cliched. As in 'Troy', here too a woman is responsible for the clash between 2 races which leads to the down fall of one. Seriously, love makes you do crazy things! Be it losing yourself, or going against every other thing in life and sometimes life itself.
Gimme some sunshine,
Dear Santa, I have hung up my stocking and here is my wish list. 2009 has been a terrible year and I just hope 2010 is a tad better atleast. Here are the things that I want for 2010.
- Good health and peace, for my parents.
- A smart handsome groom for my sister, who better keep her happy.
- Eternal happiness and everything he wants, for the boy in 'About a Boy'.
- A wonderful future for Priya and her better half.
- Only good things, for my girls Dumms, Mangu, Pree and Swetha.
- A 'Vamp-iyer' boy for EOE. Or permission to marry a smiley :-).
- Entry into IIMB and the Nath house, for Prink.
- A chamy free year, for Resmi.
- A non serious boy, with a bike and good weather, for Divs (My Partner :P).
- Professional high and a homely bride who meets all his specifications, for Aru.
- And peace n joy, for all my other friends.
Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance.
Okay, this may seem a little outdated, but I saw 'Kuch Kuch Hota Hai' right from the start to the end for the first time ever today. Had seen it a million times before, but never at a whole stretch. I liked it. I liked it very much in fact. Its silly and mature too. Its hard now to think of Shahrukh as a college student, but in the movie he pulls it off really well. Kajol's a charmer and here she rocks. I wonder how this had never made it to my movie list. When it came as top one in my friends list, I only laughed it off. But now I know, its actually good. Not great, but a good enough love story. But honestly, I would have preferred someone else in Rani's role though. I was scared that her 4 inch long skirts may rip off anytime. Thank fully it dint. Oh, I just loved Anupam Kher and Archana Puransingh. Kajol and Shahrukh are the ultimate couple of bollywood. Cant wait to watch their next, 'My name is Khan'. The promos look supremely promising. Hopes up for this one!
I liked 'Five Point Someone'. Finally I thought an Indian author who can write about simple things well. The next two were extremely disappointing. 'One night at a call centre' was good. Until the "God calling" part just tore the story apart. The next one, '3 mistakes of my life', with the back drop of cricket, forced me to think if this one was worse or the call centre thing. I had vowed never to go back to his writing. But when half of my friends insisted on me reading it, I gave it a shot. Its a real short book which I could finish in a day or two so I thought even if it sucked, I wouldn't have wasted much time on it.
After 2 years, I walked into Vaibhav theatre. These 2 years I was always a multiplex person so dint bother with the single screens. After much cajoling from my sister I decided to go there to watch 'Rocket Singh - Salesman of the year'. The place still feels the same and I was drowned in nostalgia. That theatre has given me so many wonderful moments and all that came flooding back today. So went I walked in I felt really nice and I had a big smile on my face. I was just hoping that the movie is good. It was.
I kept wondering why this movie was not all promoted. Yash Raj, Shimit Amin together again after 'Chak de' but absolutely no promotion. When I saw the ratings in the paper I decided to watch it. After all the work I was doing, I did deserve a break. The movie is good. Not great. Really simple and simplicity oozes out of every frame. The movie screams 'Honesty is the best policy'. Ranbir plays the same role he did in 'Wake up Sid' and 'Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani'. A loser who turns out to be the hero at the end. He looks really good as the sardar salesman and his face portrays innocence to perfection. He looks amazing in the sexily cut formals (Not better than the one I have in mind :-). His acting has always been good but now I'd like to see him in different roles. After 3 same kinda roles its high time.
The rest of the cast is impressive. Minus Shazahn Padamsee. She looks too young and doesn't have a single acting bone in her. Gauhar Khan is good. The rest of the office crew is simple and anyone can easily identify with them. This movie is surely worth a watch. Simplicity at its best.
Maybe..... we were supposed to meet the wrong people before meeting the right one so that, when we finally meet the right person, we will know how to be grateful for that gift.
Maybe..... it is true that we don't know what we have until we lose it, but it is also true that we don't know what we have been missing until it arrives.
Maybe..... the brightest future will always be based on a forgotten past; after all, you can't go on successfully in life until you let go of your past mistakes, failures and heartaches.
Maybe..... you should hope for enough happiness to make you sweet, enough trials to make you strong, enough sorrow to keep you human, and enough hope to make you happy.
Maybe..... the happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the most of everything that comes along their way.
Maybe..... the best kind of friend is the kind you can sit on a porch and swing with, never say a word, and then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation you've ever had.
Maybe..... happiness waits for all those who cry, all those who hurt, all those who have searched, and all those who have tried, for only they can appreciate the importance of all the people who have touched their lives.
Maybe..... you should do something nice for someone every single day, even if it is simply to leave them alone.
Maybe..... there are moments in life when you miss someone -- a parent, a spouse, a friend, a child -- so much that you just want to pick them from your dreams and hug them for real, so that once they are around you appreciate them more.
Maybe..... giving someone all your love is never an assurance that they will love you back. Don't expect love in return; just wait for it to grow in their heart; but, if it doesn't, be content that it grew in yours.
Maybe..... you should dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go, be what you want to be, because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you dream of, and want to do.
"Life is only travelled ONCE; Today’s MOMENT becomes Tomorrow’s MEMORY.
Enjoy every moment, good or bad, because the GIFT of LIFE is LIFE itself."
Although Thanksgiving is long gone on 26th November, I dint get a chance to say thanks to the most important things in my life. I had the turkey, but forgot to say thanks, so here it goes.
- Parents and Sister : I have the greatest parents in the world. Always supportive and have been there for me through thick and thin. My sister for standing by my side when things went wrong, and all of them for pampering me and spoiling me with what ever I want.
- IBM and Vodafone UK : Thanks to these guys I have a job today and am financially independent. I can have anything I want at any time and my job has giving me great security and recognition.
- Internet : My second best past time. Internet has given me my blog, which is my open diary. Without facebook, orkut, torrent how could I have met my old school friends and how would I download movies?
- Carbs and Proteins : For helping me gain weight when I wanted to and making me fit. Now that I have reached equilibrium, I think you should stop. Please stop. Okay reminds me, I thank my exercising equipment too :-).
- These people : Jeffery Archer, Jodi Picoult, Danielle Steel, Arthur Hailey, Mitch Albom, Khalid Hosseini, Jhumpa Lahiri, Monica Ali for writing amazing books and keeping me engrossed. This is my only life apart from work. Also thanks to Salman Rushdie, Meenakshi Reddy Madhavan, Tuhin Sinha and Chetan Bhagat for making me realise how crappy your writing is and I would never want to pick your books again. Indian Authors will never learn :-/.
- 2009 : Although it has been a tough year that I would like to forget, This year has taught me a lot of important lessons. This year surely will be the turning point for my growing up.
- Kabab King : Being a hardcore chickenatarian, I need to have chicken almost once a day, except for thursdays when I fast. Kabab King in my office has the most delicious chicken delicacies and usually forms the staple meal for me and my friends.
- Coffee : Oh what would I do without you. With 4-5 cups a day, I'm a supreme caffeine addict. I need coffee to work hard, to rattle my brains, to have fun with friends, while reading a book and the first thing when I wake up. Again, thursdays are an exception cos I'm on a detox diet then and am not allowed milk products. This is one addiction I never wanna let go. Its bad for my migraine I know but still. When smokers smoke knowing that its bad for their lungs, why cant I. After all its just caffeine and not cocaine. Okay, no pun intended here.
- The Elephant Man and Paa: For teaching me two of life's most important lessons.
- My wonderful friends : All those who have stood by me when I needed support and have brought a smile onto my face when I was low. I love you guys.
- Feelings : Times have changed, but this is one thing that will never change. Thanks for that.
- French Manicure : For making my fingers and toes look neat. Okay you guys can laugh now.
- My Doctors : For treating my migraines and for listening when I opened my heart out.
- Prayers : God has answered almost all my prayers and I'm satisfied today. I have no complaints with life anymore. I have the things I wanted and the things which were messing me up are all out.
- Me : By giving me a life, God has gifted me an worthwhile experience. I love myself for being myself. Blunt, crazy, curt whatever I am. I still am what I am and I'm proud of it.
I've been told time and again, that its a big bad world out there. Better learn to live else you cant survive. Now that I'm there, I'm shocked. People change their opinions as and when they like. To get something, even if you have to crush your friend, they do it. Either I'm way too foolish or way too naive to get these things. Lots to learn in order to survive peacefully.
Paa - A very rare father-son, son-father story, actually was a mother-son story. Highly publicised, this one actually stands up to the expectations. Amitabh proves that he is indeed the legend of Indian Cinema. As Auro, the gawky, bald 12 year old suffering from progeria he is splendid and sometimes its hard to believe that he is actually Amitabh. He oozes blood and flesh into the character and makes it a memorable one. You laugh with him and enjoy his 'potty' jokes. Not once would you actually pity this guy. His introduction scene in the movie, his stooped walk, nasal twang, his dance, you carry all this back with you once you leave the theatre. The legend once again has excelled.
Vidya Balan looks beautiful as his mother and the chemistry they share is the best part of the movie. Sadly, her clothes in the flashback scenes are pitiful and she needs to get ready to receive some more flak. Apart from that, her saree clad gynaecologist look is good and she plays her part to perfection. Reminded me of her Parineeta days. She is a wonderful actress and she needs to stick to such meaningful roles rather than glam roles. She can never pull that off.
Abhishek, looks good. Yeah this is one thing that I thought I'd never tell. But he does look really good as the kurta clad politician. His acting has always been good but here its uber cool. He gets to know the truth about his son only during the last half n hour of the movie and I dont think thats enough to call the movie Paa. Vidya surely deserves credit for this one. The person who stands out next to Amitabh is Arundati Nag who plays Vidya's mom. A single strong woman who stands by her daughter when she decides to have a baby out of wedlock. Fondly called 'Bum' by her grandson Auro, her chemistry with her grandson is remarkable. She's surely made Bangalore proud with this one.
Overall, except that dramatic wedding scene in the hospital, Paa is definitely worth a watch and you surely will take back something from this one. It proves that Amitabh was and will always be the Shehanshah of Bollywood.
To believe, is to know that
Each day is a blessing.
To make you realise that,
There is always a new beginning.
To believe, is to find strength
To pass through life.
To find the courage,
And to work hard and strive.
To believe, is to see the love
In the eyes of an innocent child,
In the veins of an ageing hand,
And the learning's that it has had.
To believe, is to know the value
Of a loving soul
Of a nurturing heart,
And how to feel whole.
To believe, is to see cupid,
Each time you feel love,
To hear violins play,
To see joy come your way.
To believe, is to trust
The ones who are close,
To follow your instincts
And know when to close the doors.
To believe, is to pray
Today tomorrow and each day,
To know that someones watching you,
Constantly, come what may.
To believe, is to know that
we are not alone,
That life is a gift,
And this is the time to cherish it.
To believe, is to believe in you
That you can control the mass,
If something seems to go wrong,
Just believe, this too shall pass.
This was an email sent to me. I sat reading it 6 times back to back. Amazing.
Break of Dawn -- New lease of life, embarking upon a new voyage.
A Child Flying Kite -- Young Blood, aspiring to fly high with enormous zest and zeal. Because you know, sky is the limit.
A Small Tree -- Need to nurture.
Two Birds Hovering Above -- There are people around to take ample care of you, you are actually carefree.
Daylight -- You are almost halfway through in this voyage called life.
Couple -- You have a better half of yours to lean upon and speak your heart out.
Grown-up Tree -- You have been nurtured profusely to stand tall n rigidly in the storms that may otherwise let you down.
A Small Tree -- You, together with your better half, have given a new lease of life to another breaking dawn (your child).
One Bird Hovering Above -- There are comparatively less people around you to take care of you, unlike during your wonder childhood years.
Fall of Dusk -- Twilight is setting , life has come a full circle.
An Old Man -- It's a race against time now on, it's the beginning of the end of the voyage.
Ageing Tree -- Signifies the above two things, second one being the personification of this.
Grown Tree -- Your kids have grown up, it's high time you start supporting them with tender care rather than clashes.
One Bird -- Self Explanatory, I guess??? :'(
Grave -- In course of the voyage you have lost loved ones n you also start to anticipate your ultimate fate and destiny.
Nightfall -- Voyage is over, darkness is looming, high time to say good bye.
Starry Sky -- There's still happiness around, thanks to the aesthetic memories left by you and the good work done too.
Grown-up Tree -- Your kids are walking in your shoes now, it's time for them to follow your footsteps drawing inspiration from your exemplary life.
Grave With Two Crosses -- You are united with your soulmate and RIP forever.
I've heard it said don't go to bed
While hanging on to sorrow,
You may not have the chance to laugh
With those you love tomorrow.
You may not mean the words you speak
When anger takes its toll,
You may regret your actions
Once you've lost your self-control.
When you've lost your temper
And you've said some hurtful things,
Think about the heartache
That your actions sometimes bring.
You'll never get those moments back,
Such precious time to waste,
And all because of things you said
In anger and in haste.
So if you really love someone
And your pride has settled in,
You may not ever have the chance
To say to them again.
"I love you and I miss you,
And although we don't agree,
I'll try to see your point of view,
Please do the same for me."
'Kurbaan', was awaiting this damn movie from God knows how long. So me and my friend decided to watch it after office. With great difficulty, we got the tickets on the first day and hurried to the theatre escaping from office.
Today has been an eventful day in my life. So eventful that I had to give up my break and return to what I love doing most. Talking and blogging. Today, various events have occured in various places at various time. But they only had one impact on me. They helped me realise a lot and have helped me grow. Life is a learning lesson and I have now come to believe that whatever happens, happens for a reason and happens for good. I'm gonna live by it now. Some people die long before their heart stops functioning. I dont want to be one among them. Nothings happens by itself, you need to make it happen. As my manager says, "You are your own driving force".!
The story goes that some time ago, a man punished his 3-year-old daughter for wasting a roll of gold wrapping paper. Money was tight and he became infuriated when the child tried to decorate a box to put under the Christmas tree.
Nevertheless, the little girl brought the gift to her father the next morning and said, "This is for you, Daddy." He was embarrassed by his earlier overreaction, but his anger flared again when he found the box was empty.
He yelled at her, "Don't you know that when you give someone a present, there's supposed to be something inside it?"
The little girl looked up at him with tears in her eyes and said,"Oh, Daddy, it is not empty. I blew kisses into the box. All for you, Daddy."
The father was crushed. He put his arms around his little girl, and he begged for her forgiveness.
I've not been in a very clear state of mind since last week. My vacation has been cancelled, I'm loaded with work until March and I was down with food poisoning since 2 days, which has left me all weak and emaciated. I had to skip work for 2 days, to get some good rest. My parents couldn't get an off and I was left all alone at home. I couldn't surf the net because I was not supposed to strain my eyes, I couldn't read (same reason again). All I could do was lie down and think. And that's what I did. Just when I was thinking about everything in my life, Dad, knowing that I was too exhausted to retaliate, brought up the dreaded 'Marriage' talk. Now that my sister has turned a year older, he wants her to settle down. Fair enough. But whats not fair is that he wants me to settle down within a year after she does. I was like, WTF. So that would give me 2 or max 3 years. But dad has always been my weakness and I can never say an outright no to him. After all he's one among the 2 men whom I love the most in the world. I told him that I'll think about it. And now the time has come for some serious thinking.
Life has been pathetic and I'm not in a very sound mind since the past 15-16 months. I thought that people around me were the only ones who noticed how unhappy I was but I was bummed when a stranger approached me in a coffee shop a few days ago and asked me the same. So, this guy just came upto me when I was waiting for my girls in a coffee shop. First thing he tells is that, 'You have really lovely eyes and a beautiful smile'. I was obviously flattered but considering that he was a stranger, I decided to end it with a thank you. But before I could say something, he said 'But there is a problem with you'. I could only manage a confused look. He then says, 'When you smile, your eyes don't smile.' and leaves. I had forgotten that incident until a few days back. I stood in front of the mirror and asked myself if I was that unhappy that even strangers can notice it. Its not a good thing.
The past 15-16 months has been emotionally taxing and has completely broken me down. However I tried my best, not to get shattered. But now I guess its too late. Shattered and bruised is how my current state of mind is. At this point I had only 2 options. One, to give it all up and end it once and forever. Two, to be strong and fight and try to mend up things. I chose the latter. I need to pick up the shattered bits of life and sort it out. Obviously this is not going to happen overnight. I need time to figure out things, considering the fact that I have very few years left. Its really funny because a couple of years ago, I had a plan chalked out. From the guy I wanted to marry, to the names of my 2 children had been planned. And I always thought that things went wrong for people who dint have a plan. How foolish was I.
Now I need to decide if I have to have faith in my love, or give love a second chance or directly jump into a compromise (read 'Arranged Marriage'). Or I need to come up with an excuse that will get me out of this even if its temporary. Higher studies is the best option. But in what I don't get it. Psychology, Literature, Journalism, all these appeal to me but I need to narrow it down soon. So by now you all would have got it that how conked up I am. I need time to sort out things. I don't know when and how I am going to do it. Honestly, I'm not even sure if I want to do it or not. Somehow running away from such stuff seemed easy, but now I need to face it and make decisions. Its my life after all and not a movie.
In my current state of mind, anything that I do, say or post is going to be utter rubbish. I don't want to repent for things I did in an unsound state of mind. So I'm taking a break. Quite a long one to sort out the broken pieces of life. I just hope God gives me the strength and sense to figure things out. So take care guys and do pray for me. I will be back soon, as a better person and with better posts. Until then, Its break time..!!
Gandhiji said, "Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes". I totally agree with it. Just one clause, You make a mistake, accept it. Don't try to cover it up. A person who makes a mistake, accepts that what he/she has done is wrong, genuinely regrets and asks for forgiveness, deserves to be forgiven. Its takes great guts for a person to accept their own mistakes. After all you have to live with it for the rest of your life. You learn from your mistakes true. But its also true that until it happens to you, you wont realise that its a mistake. Life teaches you a million lessons and most of these come from experience. My funda is simple. 'Always accept your mistakes before someone else goes out and exaggerates them'. There wouldn't be a single person out there who has not committed any mistake. Ohh comeon its been an age old fact that 'To err is human'. Aren't we all. Every learning lesson in life evolves from a mistake.
Some say that people who fear to make mistakes hardly do anything with their lives. But failure to learn from one's mistakes will lead one to commit the same mistake again. There's got to be a balance somewhere. Mistakes are unavoidable. Its the aftermath that matters. A great quote I found. "If you have made mistakes, even serious ones, there is always another chance for you. What we call failure is not the falling down but the staying down". I mean, this cannot be more true. We often think that if we could go back in life and rectify a few mistakes we made, we surely would. However, now that is next to impossible, we may as well as try to make the best of it now. What is a mistake? Its an action you did which made you repent later. So whats the best you can do? Never do that again and that's a lesson well learnt. How hard is it?
Life is a long journey and no saint has made it through without committing a mistake. Life is all about making mistakes. Realisation is what mistakes to learn from. Sometime ago I wouldn't be the person who would listen to all such things, let alone think about it or write about it. But when reality strikes you, you are left with nothing but the guilt of what you have done. If I could I would just go back and undo it. But my mistakes only helped me learn and realise the importance of people in my life. That's only because I was willing to accept that I went wrong. Yes, the girl who lived half her life thinking that she could never go wrong, was actually wrong. I made a huge nightmare of a mistake and am repenting till now. But that has helped me grow as a person. I would never ever, no matter under any circumstances make such a mistake again. I have seen the consequences and will never let that happen again. I accepted my mistake yes. Every single bit of it. I dint feel ashamed or anything. That's because I knew what I had done is wrong. My mindset, emotional dependency and temper has put me into a lot of trouble. Umpteen number of times I've repented and tried to sew the broken ends. Succeeded sometimes, failed the other times. But I accepted my fault and tried. That's what counts. Thanks to all these episodes in life, now I'm a changed person. No these things dint happen over night. It was over a duration of time that these realisations dawned and helped me become the better person I am today. Patience, which was never one of my virtues is my trademark now. Boy, I really really worked hard on this one. My friends ask me how on earth did you manage to do that and I have no answer. Understanding, the thing I lacked most initially comes naturally to me now. I was a super stubborn creature wanting what I wanted by hook or crook without being bothered about others' problems. But now the first thing I do is put myself in their place and look at things from their side and decide on what to do. I've got so used to this now that people actually take advantage of it and have taken me for granted :-(. But I cant change myself now. I know I'm doing right, and people can do whatever they want. Sometimes, there comes a point in your life where people become so selfish that they wouldn't mind jeopardising existing relationships or manipulating you to get their things done. That's when and why I learnt that I need to be emotionally independent. Its really hard for someone like me, but I'm improving bit by bit. So here, I've realised my faults, accepted it and am doing something about it. Lost enough because of my foolishness. Not anymore. Not anymore.
There are some cases where I've seen people who are proud of their mistakes. "I know I'm wrong, but that person deserved it". This doesn't make sense what so ever. No one gives you the right to hurt anyone. My friends tell me that my problem is that I'm too good to people. I do things with only good intentions and except the same from them. But that's not how the world works. I've been used and my feelings shattered and manipulated by God knows how many. The world apparently is a very bad place. You need to learn on your own to survive. Make mistakes, take it positively and learn from them. Never be weak. Making mistakes only make you stronger. And for God's sake never make them again. That's foolishness and you'll be in trouble forever.
Also, never expect people to be like you. Each one is a species all together. You may accept your mistakes and try to cope up, but don't expect people to forgive you all the time. You try your best and if your worth it, they will. The whole point of this post is to accept your mistakes. Please don't try to cover it up. It only makes things worse. Be honest and don't lie. Its something that you have done. Why deny that? How can you live with yourself denying something that you have done and are well aware of. Just accept it and get it out of your system. You will feel really light trust me. Mistakes are committed due to weakness of something or the other. Don't argue for other people's weaknesses. Don't argue for your own. When you make a mistake, admit it, correct it, and learn from it ----- IMMEDIATELY.
Some quotations that make sense.
1. A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
2. An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
3. As long as the world is turning and spinning, we're gonna be dizzy and we're gonna make mistakes.
4. Be thankful for your mistakes. They will teach you valuable lessons.
5. Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
6. It's always helpful to learn from your mistakes because then your mistakes seem worthwhile.
7. Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from.
8. Mistakes, obviously, show us what needs improving. Without mistakes, how would we know what we had to work on?
9. Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don't quit.
10. The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.
11. The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing.
12. There is a certain degree of satisfaction in having the courage to admit one's errors. It not only clears up the air of guilt and defensiveness, but often helps solve the problem created by the error.
13. When you make a mistake, admit it. If you don't, you only make matters worse.
I'm supremely happy these days. My blogs are being appreciated on a national forum. My post won the contest on the first month itself. I just received my gift at home and loved it. I even got a certificate and a virtual trophy that I have already displayed. My posts reflect my life, my happiness and sorrows and my daily life. I'm very honest on my posts and write from my experience and straight from my heart. I'm not a poetess but all my poems have been appreciated so much by bloggers all over the country. I never thought that my blog will be such a hit. I feel so humbled and touched. I write about regular stuff and that seems to be the USP of my blog. I'd like to thank all my followers and friends and each and every soul in my life.
An interesting article in the paper today. "Women like Nerds", it said. Although not entirely true I'd not disagree on it. I wouldn't prefer calling them nerds. That sounds very geeky. "Smart and Intellectual" sounds much better. Yes, women definitely find such men better when compared to hot and sexy poster boys. Hot and sexy + Smart and intellectual = Jackpot. If you've found such a guy then stick on girl!! Never let him go.