These are some of the shortcuts in messages or mails that I absolutely hate.
1. 'Ma' for 'My' - I mean its the same number of characters, and 'y' is much closer to 'm' than 'a'.
2. 'Wnt' for 'Want' and 'Wont' - The recipient is expected to make a wide guess regarding what the sender wants or wont do.
3. 'Luv' for 'Love' - When you are telling someone that you love them, the least you can do is get the word right.
4. 'Sry' for 'Sorry' - If you want to apologise, please do so whole heartedly and please use the whole word.
5. 'Tnx' for 'Thanks' - Again, another emotion chopped to take the feel out of it.
6. 'Gal' for 'Girl' - I don't mind the word much. Its only when people use it in a speech that bothers me.
7. '5n' for 'fine' - When someone sent me this for the first time, it took me more than a minute to figure out what that meant. When I ask someone how they are, the last thing I want is them shoving a number up my face.
8. 'S' for 'Yes' - Cant they type a 'ya' instead.
9. 'H r u' for 'How are you' - This one gets me boiling. Some people don't even bother to leave a space in between the characters.
10. 'Hpy Bday' for 'Happy Birthday' - This one will have the person thinking why was he/she ever born.
11. '@' for 'at' - Example: I'll meet you @ 8. Damn, people actually prefer to use 'shift' and '2' instead of 'a' and 't'. Weird.
The one shortcut that pisses the hell outa me is,
12. 'K' for 'Okay' or 'OK' - Aaaarghh.. How hard is it to type another character. If someone needs to piss me off, this is what they need to do.