Yay! Today has been a real good day for me. First, because its my best friend Priya's birthday. Second, my blog hit a 100 followers. Third, I got my first blog award. I'm ecstatic.
I'll start with the award first. Thank you so much alchemist for this. You have been wonderful and kind with your comments and advices. You are one of the very few people who tend to see the real me in my posts. Your blog 'At the crossroads' is very special to me. Mostly because I find myself standing there more than half of the times wondering which side to go. Your posts infuse the right sense into me and more often than not leaves me smiling. Thanks a lot for everything.
This is my first ever award! I've been writing for more than two years now and its been a regular part of my life. Well with rewards come responsibilities they say. The conditions that come with this award are:
1. Write a post displaying the award, which is what we are doing here.
2. Write three good things about blogging.
3. Write three bad things about blogging.
4. Pass on this award to three new bloggers.
Three good things
1. Blogging gives me an ideal space to vent out feelings, frustrations, thoughts and my rants. If not for this space, I'd still be nursing clinical depression. My blog lets me be me.
2. I have met so many wonderful people through my blog. These people have stood by me through every walk of life since my blog has started.
3. Blogging provides me an insight into various other unheard of topics. It makes me realise that there is so much in this world that I don't even think of. In short, blogging for me is educative.
Three bad things
1. You can't restrict the audience from forming their own opinions. Its natural I know, but kinda gets on to you at times.
2. Blogging makes me feel foolish when my mind is a complete blank. I'm like 'Damn it, am I so stupid that I can't of a thing to write?'. Makes me feel low.
3. Blogging is extremely addictive. I actually visit my blog page more than I do Facebook.
Three bloggers I pass this award to
1. Mansi, who is the owner of the blog 'Aashayein'. Her writing is so simple and innocent that you cannot help but fall in love with it. She doesn't write often these days, but when ever she does I'm ready to read it as she seems to write a leaf out of my life with every single post of hers.
2. Runaway Kirik, who writes beautifully at 'The Pensieve'. Her writing is so natural and effortless and to the point. No nonsense and rants you'll find here. Again, the recently married Kirik hardly seems to find the time to write these days, but when ever she does, its a treat to the eyes and the mind.
3. The Red Handed lass who writes at, well, 'Red Handed'! The url reads an uglyhead but what you find there is anything but that. Its a beautiful head out there with beautiful thoughts. Every post she writes is so genuine and makes me want to visit her more often. I stumbled upon her blog last week and I went on to read every single post of hers. Sheer brilliance!
Phew, narrowing down to only three bloggers to pass on the award was the worst thing ever. I'm glad I'm done with it!
So, today we are at a happy 100. Century! I'm so proud of my blog. And well, myself. I started this place only so that I could vent and rant as and when I wanted to. But soon it became the most important part of my life. Every single thing I go through has been here. Be it good, bad or ugly. My brutally honest posts hurt me more than anyone else most of the times. But that's me and that's the way I am. I have disappointed a lot of people with my posts oflate. But with the toggling emotions I'm going through, its hard not to get it out. But I'm learning to stay in control now and will try to make this blog a happy place to visit. For me and everyone else. Thank you guys for all your support.
Now coming to the one of the most important women in my life, Priya. Its her birthday today and I just want to let her know how much she means to me. That's her on my right in the above pic. This was taken on New Year's eve 2011. My God, we were so drunk that day that we could barely stand. I so love the above pic. We look bad, but so stupidly happy in it :)
Just so you all know she is the very one for whom I wrote 'A Note of Apology'. Madam was acting all cranky then, but again we sorted out our differences and are back together and happy. I have a lot of friends but I'm very close to a very few. And she is the sole female recipient of my closeness award. I'm an extrovert and she an introvert. I scream and yell, she's quiet and calm. I talk, she listens. I breathe fire, she's the epitome of patience. I think black and white, she thinks of the rainbow. I curse and crib, she hopes and consoles. She's the complete opposite of me and that's the very reason why I can't do without her. The only person whom I fear in my life. She completes me in a weird way and I love her bluntness where she tries to tame the rude loud me. I've shared 12 years of my life with her. We've been through tough times together. Be it family problems, love, boy friends, breakups, work and day to day crap. We've done everything. Right from stealing mangoes together in school to getting sloshed and passing out. We tell each other the dirtiest of secrets and still know that we can understand the other without quite judging her. Life's never been easy, but having her around eases it a bit. I love you Priya and you mean a lot to me. I wish you all the happiness in the world and a guy who will love and respect you the way you are. This time, just make sure he likes me too :P