Just like last year, May has been extremely awesome this year too. Cal and I are just back from a much needed vacation and I'm feeling all rejuvenated and stress free. Ah, I love my life.
So, reasons why the month was so awesome.
First, I got published! Again. Last month my article 'Meenakshi' got featured in the online magazine Tamarind Rice. This month my poem 'The Pebble' made it to the magazine, along with my secret(not anymore) recipe for the wonderful and delicious Red Velvet cup cakes. Yay! I'm thrilled to the bone.
Check out this magazine people. Its awesome and they choose the best articles too. Go ahead, and submit your articles. All details mentioned on their site.
Next, just when I thought that blog awards were almost extinct, Keirthana and Srishti proved me wrong. After being awarded the 'Best New Blogger' and 'The Versatile Blogger' before, they bestowed upon me the 'Creative Blogger' award. After all the strange happenings on my blog lately, this comes as a welcome surprise. Sincere apologies for not writing about the award before. But hey, better late than never right.
So, once you are awarded this is the process you need to follow. I am going to take up the entire process because it is a lot more fun this way and you get to write about something that you usually don't write about.
1. Thank the blogger and link back to the blog.
2. a. Three things about yourself.
b. Two things people don’t know about you.
c. One thing you want to change about yourself.
3. Answer the questions asked by the blogger.
4. Nominate this award to the deserving blogs. Pass it on.
5. Ask some questions to the bloggers who got nominated.
6. Inform the bloggers about their award.
Here we go:
1. Thank the bloggers:
Thank you Keirthana. First, for all the support you have given me throughout the years. Second, for this award.
Thank you Srishti. For reading and embracing all my posts and next, for this wonderful award.
2. a) Three things about myself:
1) I'm a narcissist. I, me and myself is my mantra. And my husband is the most important part of me.
2) I believe in equality. I'll treat you, exactly the way you treat me. No frills attached.
3) I eat, drink and sleep love.
b) Two things people don't know about me:
1) I might be the strong Lioness outside, but inside I'm as sensitive as a baby. Very few people have seen this side of me.
2) I hate watching love stories. Surprised eh? But its true. I always need a twist in the tale.
c) One thing I want to change about myself:
3. Answer the question asked by the blogger. In my case, 2 bloggers. I'll take it one by one:
Keirthana: ‘Beauty’ – Write whatever comes to your mind about this word. It could be just another word which will describe it best or it could be another post in full detail. Anything. Any number of word(s).
~ Those who say true beauty is all internal are speaking a cart load of junk. Nobody wants to have a good looking pancreas. For me, beauty lies in the mind. A beautiful mind, is the second thing that is attractive. The first remains and will remain, physical beauty. This is universal and we all are forced to believe it. Beauty is vanity and vice versa. Its a very highly debatable topic, so lets end it here.
Srishti: She had a rapid fire round of quick questions.
a) 5 Essentials of your life: Cal, basics (food, clothing, shelter), love, books and shoes!
b) A dream you want to just live as a dream: None. I'm not a fantasy type girl, all my dreams can easily come true.
c) Ever caught doing anything unlawful..or mischievous? If yes, then when? ;): Oh yeah many times. For example: Being caught with a drunk friend with whom I was riding pillion. He had to empty his wallet to get us out of there.
d) Writing to you is?: Survival. I need to empty my heart out.
e) What do you usually go with, your will or others’ ?: My will, if I know I'm right. Else, Cal's.
f) Behaving (appropriately) comes naturally to you, or you choose it?: Hahaha, I'd like to say naturally.
g) Words you mostly use: F*ck, What the hell, Seriously, Extremely, Oh ho, No way, Rats-ass etc
h) Favorite quotes: 'Somethings always exist, as long as there is someone around to remember it', 'At the touch of love, one becomes a poet'.
4. Nominate some Bloggers:
Meera at Meerablogs
Sangeeta at Sangry Words
Spiff master at Senseless sense? Or sensible nonsense?
Red at Red Handed
Anita at Mirroring my Thoughts...!
Raj cheta at Fuck Love
5. Ask questions to the nominated bloggers: See, I have a very creative mind so be prepared.
1) If you could spend a day as the opposite sex, what would you do?
2) If you could kill one person and get away with it, who would it be? And why? (No, not a list, just ONE)
3) Describe the word 'Creative' according to you.
4) What is more important to you: Love, money, fame or power? And why?
5) How often do you visit my blog? :P
6. Inform them:
So, its been hay in May again. Let the awesomeness continue. Cheers people! :)